google-site-verification: googlee16c7726ecc34510.html


T-stop at dusk
As long as there is an outstanding warrant,
a defendant is subject to arrest.

What is an arrest warrant?

An arrest warrant is a document issued by a judge or magistrate that authorizes the law enforcement to take someone accused of a crime into custody.

When is a bench warrant issued?

Municipal Court bench warrants are issued for one’s failure to appear in court at a scheduled court date as promised in writing, or for one’s failure to comply with other orders of the Court. The judge issuing the warrant will set a dollar amount of bail.

If a law enforcement officer stops an individual with an outstanding warrant, the individual may be detained on the warrant, and may be held in jail until a bond is posted or a hearing is held on the warrant. All Aurora Municipal Court warrants issued shall be enforceable by law enforcement agencies within the state of Colorado.

How can I determine if there is an active bench warrant for my arrest?

You may verify if there is an active warrant for your arrest by visiting Warrant Search application or call 303.739.6455 or 303.739.6444 to speak with a Court Clerk.

How can a bench warrant be cleared?

To clear a bench warrant, please report to the Aurora Municipal Court located at 14999 East Alameda Parkway, Aurora, CO 80012, Monday through Friday at 1:30 PM, excluding weekends and city holidays.

If you are under the age of 18 years old, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to clear a bench warrant.

What is a default judgment on a traffic infraction?

If the defendant fails to appear for his or her first appearance or any court appearance involving a traffic infraction, the court shall enter judgment against the defendant.

The amount of the judgment shall be the appropriate penalty that would be assessed after a finding of guilt or liability and additional costs to municipal violations generally upon conviction of noncivil municipal charges, together with applicable surcharges.

When the court determines that a person charged with a traffic offense is guilty of a lesser included traffic infraction, the court may enter a judgment of guilt or liability as to the traffic infraction.

The court may set aside a judgment entered under this rule on a showing of good cause or excusable neglect by the defendant. A motion to set aside the judgment, submitted by the defendant, shall be made to the court not more than ten days after the entry of judgment. The court may set aside a judgment entered under this rule at any time after the ten-day period herein referenced provided that such request to set aside judgment is submitted and approved by the prosecution.

How do I clear a default judgment on a traffic infraction?

You may satisfy a default judgment entered by the court by paying the amount owed to the clerk of the court.

No warrant shall be issued for the arrest of a defendant who was charged with a traffic infraction and failed to appear at a first appearance or any subsequent hearing or who failed to satisfy a default judgment.

City of Aurora | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.