google-site-verification: googlee16c7726ecc34510.html


Posting a Bond

There is a non-refundable $50.00 Bond Fee that must be paid at the time an appearance bond is posted. This fee is not charged for P/R (Personal Recognizance) Bonds.

Call 303-739-6194 to verify that the person is present and bondable at the City of Aurora Detention Center. You may also call this number to find out the amount of any bonds.

If a person is arrested on city charges i.e., new charges, warrants, or failure to pay fines, that person can be released in one of several ways. A person may post a cash bond. This means that a person places a certain amount of cash with the city to guarantee that he/she will appear at the next court setting.

When posting a cash bond, you may go in person to the city of Aurora Detention Center and post the cash bond with cash, cashier's check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express).

If a person does not appear at the next setting after posting a cash bond, the entire balance of the money that was posted will be forfeited, and a new warrant will be issued for the defendant's arrest.

A person may post a surety bond. This is done by contacting a bonding company who, for a fee, puts up a bond which guarantees that a person will appear at the next court date. The City of Aurora has nothing to do with the contract between a defendant and the bonding company. The bonding company normally charges a fee for each bond posted.

A person may request to be released on P/R (Personal Recognizance) Bond. Whether or not a person is released on Personal Recognizance Bond is entirely up to the judge.

Upon final disposition of a case, a bond may be ordered to be released. All bond refunds are issued in the form of a check from the City of Aurora within three to four weeks.

  • The court may first take money from the bond towards payment of any outstanding fines and costs. If the bond is more than you owe, the difference will be refunded in the form of a check from the City of Aurora within three to four weeks by mail. If the bond is less, you must pay the difference.
  • If someone posted bond for you, unless they indicated on the bond paperwork that their money could be used to pay your fines and costs, the money will be refunded to them.
  • If you used a Bail Bond Agent or other type of professional bond, the bond is not applied to fines and costs.

Where can I post a bond?

Cash or Surety Bonds for City of Aurora Municipal cases only may be posted at the city of Aurora Municipal Courthouse, located at 14999 E. Alameda Parkway, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Cash or Surety Bonds for other jurisdictions, as well as Aurora charges may be posted at the Aurora Detention Center, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays.

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand/Collapse All

Can I change my court date or come in before my court date?

You can change your arraignment date one time without having to go to court, and can receive a two week extension. If two weeks is not enough time, or you have already had one extension, you must appear in court on your appearance date.

If you are appearing after posting a bond, you cannot change your court date without consent by the person or bail bondsman who posted your bond.

You may come in before your court date during traffic court hours, 7:30 am to 10:30 am, Monday thru Friday. Check in at the customer service windows to have your paperwork pulled and they will direct you where to go.

Your summons must have been received by the court and entered into our system before you can appear. The summons usually your takes 14 days to be received by the court.

Can I get on a payment plan for paying court fines?

As a general rule, payment of your fine is expected on the day you receive the fine. You must appear in court in order to get a payment plan of any kind. Different types of payment plans are offered, depending on the charges and the amount of the fine. The customer service clerks can give you the information you need at the time of payment.

Can I pay my Photo Red Light ticket at the Aurora Municipal Court?

The only payment option available at Aurora Municipal Court is to drop your payment in the drop box marked “Photo Red Light Payments Only” located near the marshal’s station at the front entrance. You may not pay at the customer service windows.

To pay your photo red light ticket electronically visit You must have the Violation Number and the PIN. Both of these are shown on the front of the Notice of Violation you received in the mail. If you do not have your Notice of Violation please call (720) 264-4602. A convenience fee will be charged for paying by credit card.

Can someone come in and pay my ticket for me?

Another person can pay the ticket or make a payment for you. You may not bring in someone else’s credit card, if they are not present, to pay your ticket or make a payment. The signer on the credit card must be present.

How do I dispute my Photo Red Light ticket?

To dispute a ticket with a hearing date set, come to traffic court between 7:30 am and 10 am, Monday - Friday. Bring you citation along with a photo ID and go the First Appearance Court room on the 2nd floor. If you do not have a hearing date, check in first at the customer service windows on the main floor of the court.

How do I find out if I have a warrant and how do I take care of the warrant?

To find out if you have a warrant from the Aurora Municipal Court, call 303-739-6444 and follow the prompts on the recorded message.

If the warrant is for non-payment, you must pay in full to cancel the warrant. Most tickets that have gone to warrant cannot be paid over the phone or internet. You will need to go to the Aurora Municipal Court, 14999 E. Alameda Parkway, between 7:30 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Payment can be made by cash, credit card or money order only.

If it is a warrant for not appearing for a mandatory court date, you must appear in court. You may appear on an active warrant anytime within court business hours: 8 am – 12 pm and 1:30 pm – 5 pm. It is recommended that you appear no later than 4:30 pm.

How soon does my payment post if I put it in the payment drop box?

As long as your payment is in the drop box by 5 pm, your payment will post the same day.

How soon does my payment post if I use the automated phone or online payment systems?

Your payment will post instantly when you pay via the phone, 303- 739-6444, or online at the Pay Court Fine section of our website.

How soon does my payment post to my account if I mail it?

Once your payment is received in the mail, it will post no later than the next business day.

If I am issued a ticket for no proof of insurance, can I fax or bring in my proof of insurance card?

No. If you are charged with any insurance-related offense, in order to have the court consider dismissal of an insurance charge, you will be required to provide, at the time of your court appearance, a letter from the insurance company stating that you were insured while driving the vehicle on the date and time of the violation. An insurance card will not be considered sufficient.

What can I do if my license is suspended or put on hold because I didn’t pay a ticket or fine?

If you don’t pay a ticket or fine, the Aurora Municipal Court will send a notification to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) that you have an unpaid ticket/or warrant. The DMV will place a hold on your ability to get or replace your license and will start the procedure of suspending your license if you don’t take care of the ticket within a certain amount of time. That time is determined by DMV, not the Aurora Municipal Court.

You will need to appear in court if required and/or pay the ticket in full (cash, credit, money order) plus any fines accessed by the judge before the DMV will clear the hold/suspension of your driver’s license.

Once payment has been made in full, the court can give you a clearance notice to take to the DMV, or you can wait and the hold/suspension on your license will be removed within two to three days of payment in full.

If you are on a payment plan, the clearance letter will be issued after your fine is paid in full.

What do I do if I receive a Photo Red Light ticket?

If you receive a Photo Red Light ticket, you will need to pay the fine or dispute the charge by the due date shown on your ticket. Failure to respond to Photo Red Light ticket will result in a notice to appear in court being personally served by a process server and additional fees added to the cost of your violation.

What do I do if I want to contest a traffic ticket or a parking ticket?

To contest a traffic or parking ticket you must appear in traffic court on the court date on your ticket.

If you receive a parking ticket on a car you have sold, you may send in the bill of sale to the City Attorney’s office at the address below (also listed on the back of your ticket).

Aurora Municipal Court
City Attorney’s Office
14999 E. Alameda Parkway
Aurora, CO 80012

What happens if I don’t pay a ticket or court fine or am late paying the fine?

Depending on the charges, you are subject to a warrant being issued for your arrest and/or a hold being placed on your driver’s license if you are late in paying or do not pay the fine. There are also a variety of fees and late charges that will be accessed.

On parking tickets, a $20 late fee will be added and will be sent to collections if not paid within 30 days of your scheduled court date.

What if I live out of state and cannot appear in court on my scheduled court day?

You may write a letter to the City Attorney’s office at the address listed below (also listed on the back of your ticket).

Explain that you live out of state. The City Attorney will do what is called a Plea By Mail (PBM). This is all handled thru the mail and the City Attorney will mail an offer to you to settle the case without requiring your appearance.

Aurora Municipal Court
City Attorney’s Office
14999 E. Alameda Parkway
Aurora, CO 80012

What should I do if I lost my ticket and don’t know my court date?

You can call 303-739-6444 for information about tickets and summonses that were issued for the Aurora Municipal Court. You will need to provide your name and date of birth. Please note that your ticket information may not be available until 14 days after it was issued.

If you were charged with DUI, license plate, or driver's license violations, your ticket will be handled at county court and you will need to contact the appropriate county court for information.

Where can I get a copy of a police report?

Copies of police reports may be obtained at the Aurora Police Department, located next to the court house, 15001 E. Alameda Parkway. Call the police records division at 303-739-6308 for additional information.

Where can I get a protection order?

You can obtain a protection order at the County court in your jurisdiction. Arapahoe county court 15400 East 14th Place. Aurora CO 80011 (303)363-8003 or Adams county court 1100 Judicial Center Drive, Brighton CO 20601 (303) 654-3314

Where can I get my fingerprints done?

If you have been ordered by the court to have your fingerprints taken, you may go to the Aurora Detention Center, 14999 E. Alameda Parkway:

Sunday, 2 am – 7 am
Wednesday, 5 pm – 7 pm
Saturday, Noon – 4 pm

If you need fingerprinting done for a job or other non-court purpose, you may have your fingerprints take at the Aurora Police Department, 15001 E. Alameda Parkway:

Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am - 11:30 am and 3 pm - 5:30 pm

The cost is $11.00 up to 3 cards for Aurora residents and $22.00 for non-residents.

You do not need to have an appointment to have your fingerprints done.

Where do I go for court?

Many jurisdictions serve the city of Aurora. Where you go will depend on which agency issued the ticket and the nature of the case. The information below serves as a guideline. If you are unsure where to go to court, or for court services, please call the phone numbers listed.

Aurora Municipal Court
14999 E. Alameda Parkway
Aurora, CO 80012

Adams County Court
1100 Judicial Center Drive
Brighton, CO 80601

Arapahoe District Court
7325 S. Potomac St.
Centennial CO 80112

Why can’t I pay my ticket or payment over the phone?

If your ticket is payable and you have not been to court, you can pay the ticket by using our automated phone system at 303-739-6444 or pay online at the Pay Court Fine section of our website. It is recommended you DO NOT use a cell phone when using our automated phone system. We do not have the ability to take your payment “live”. Our payment systems are all automated.

If your ticket requires a mandatory court appearance, or if you have already been to court, you cannot pay using our automated systems. You must come in to pay or mail a payment, or put your payment in the drop box.

If you are having technical or credit card issues while paying your court fines using our automated systems, please call 303-739-6444 to speak to a court clerk.

City of Aurora | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2021 Intrado Corporation.