google-site-verification: googlee16c7726ecc34510.html

Civil Assists

Civil Assists:

A civil assist (civil standby) is when a civilian is requesting an officer to go with them to a location to pick up or drop off personal belongings.

Civil assists are done within the city between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily and last for 10 to 15 minutes.

  • If you are looking to get a standby outside of those hours, dispatch will take your information and call the appropriate district's Watch Commander for approval. If it is not approved, you will be advised to call back during the policy hours.

  • If you are requesting a longer standby time, you can call the Arapahoe County Civil Department at (720) 874-3845.

    • Aurora Police do not work for Arapahoe County. You will need to call them to get the specific information you need.

  • If you are needing an officer to serve court paper work, please call Arapahoe County's civil department at (720) 874-3845 for more information. Aurora officers do not serve court order paperwork.

Restraining Orders:

  • If there is a restraining/protection order between the 2+ people involved, the requesting party needs to check their paperwork. The court document(s) advise whether or not the involved parties are allowed a one-time (or more) and civil assist or are allowed to be in contact with each other. Officers cannot assist people in breaking their court orders.

Custody Exchanging:

  • Officers will not standby during a custodial exchange. Parents are encouraged to meet in the HQ (15001 E. Alameda PKWY) parking lot to exchange their children. There are cameras and officers coming/going from this location at all hours of the day.

City of Aurora | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.