Recreation centers provide venues for recreation classes, fitness activities and public rentals. They also offer citizens a public arena in which to meet and promote community well being, stress release and skill development, and achieve healthy goals.
Aurora offers one comprehensive center (Beck Recreation Center), one center for adults 50 plus (Aurora Center for Active Adults), and several smaller neighborhood recreation centers.
The city also operates two indoor swimming pools, Utah Indoor Pool and Beck Indoor Pool, and seven outdoor pools open seasonally.
Drop-in use of weights or to participate in a fitness class:
Note: Moorhead Recreation Center offers a weight-training area for drop-in use.
Different centers in Aurora provide different drop-in activities. Please contact the center directly with questions regarding their services.
Drop-in use of public computers:
Note: Limited supply
Weigh and Win
Now at ACAA, Beck and Expo: Weigh and Win is a free weight improvement program that will PAY you to lose weight! All participants (Colorado adults 18 & older) will receive personalized email and/or text message health coaching including a daily meal plan, fitness plan, motivational tips and a weekly grocery list. Unlimited access to Weigh and Win health coaches is also provided, via phone or email. If you begin the program with a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or greater, you will receive cash rewards for losing weight. If you join with a healthy BMI (less than 25), you are eligible for our monthly prize drawings. Learn more here!
Aurora operates several smaller centers, which are used for preschool programs as well as recreational programming.
- Lowry Intergenerational Center, located a 1016 Boston St. #880 on historic Lowry in Denver, 80230, is home to Lowry Preschool program and Morning Star Adult Day program.
- Meadowood Recreation Center, located at 3054 S. Laredo St., is home to our Gymnastics program, a preschool and some dance classes.
- Summer Valley Center, 303.693.8321, located at 17400 E. Lehigh Place, Aurora, 80013, is home to Summer Valley Preschool program and often hosts wine tastings through the city's cooking program.
- Village Green Center, 303.326.8640, located at 1300 S. Chambers Circle, Aurora, 80012, is home to Village Green Preschool and often hosts dance classes through the city's dance program.
- Aurora Central Recreation Center, Status: After an extensive public input process, plans for the recreation center were approved by the City Council on Jan. 23. Construction of the two-story building of approximately 55,000 square feet is expected to begin this summer and completed in the fall of 2018. The 20 acre property near Tower Rd. and Vassar Pl. was purchased in 1998 for a recreation center, being funded through marijuana tax revenue. For more project information, click here.
- Bicentennial Art Center, 303.344.1776, located at 13655 E. Alameda Ave., Aurora 80012 is home to the city's pottery studio.
- Beck Recreation Center, 303.326.8410, located at 800 Telluride St, Aurora 80011, is home to the Therapeutic Recreation office.
- Meadow Hills Dance Room, 303.326.8300, located at 3609 S. Dawson St., Aurora 80014, provides space for dance and fitness classes.
- Morrison Nature Center, 303.739.2428, located at 16002 E. Smith Road, Aurora 80011, offers year-round nature education programs in a beautiful setting.
Whatever your occasion, we have a special place to make your celebration unforgettable. More information. View the list of rental options.