The Aurora Police Department is responsible for providing law enforcement services to a growing, urban/suburban community with unique and ever-changing needs. We strongly believe that the challenges facing the police department can only be addressed effectively by connecting with community leaders, school administrators, members of the business community, non-profit organizations, other government agencies, neighborhood groups and most importantly, individual citizens. It is through this spirit of partnership that we will continue to see further reductions in crime and we will enhance the quality of life for those who live, work and play in our city.
The Aurora Police Department currently employs 657 officers and 131 civilians.
15001 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, CO 80012
Police services such as records, front desk crime reporting (crimes without suspect information for example), and police property are available at Police Headquarters. The lobby is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, the front desk is not staffed from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. each night. An after-hours phone has been installed that dials directly to dispatch that can be utilized when the front desk is not staffed. Records and police property are not open 24 hours a day. To find out more information about police property and police records, click the links.
Police Headquarters also houses the Office of the Chief of Police, District 2 Operations, and the Investigations Bureau which investigates major crimes occurring throughout the city. The Investigations Bureau consists of the Economic Crimes Unit, Crime Lab, Crimes Against Children, Internet Crimes Against Children Unit, Sex Crimes Unit, Special Victims Unit and the Major Crimes/Homicide Unit.
Other important services that are located at Police Headquarters include the Victim Services Unit, the Crime Lab, Traffic Section, Community Resources Section, and the Media Relations Unit.
Parking for Police Headquarters is on the south side of the building east of the Aurora Central Library. The doors to District 2 are located between the Municipal Court building (pictured above with a green dome) and the Aurora History Museum.
- Main Police Line (not dispatch), 303.739.6000
- Communications (dispatch), 303.627.3100
- Aurora for Youth Programs, 303.739.1700
- Internal Affairs Bureau, 303.739.6072
- Media Relations Unit, 720.432.5095
- Investigations Bureau, 303.739.6081
- Economic Crimes Unit (Fraud), 303.739.6154
- Major Crimes Unit, 303.739.6160
- Crimes Against Children Unit, 303.739.6155
- Internet Crimes Against Children Unit, 303.739.6155
- Sex Crimes Unit, 303.739.6156
- Traffic Section, 303.739.6423
- Police Explorer Program, 303.739.1820
- Police Records Unit, 303.739.6308
- Police Property Unit, 303.739.6284
- Recruiting Unit, 303.739.6865 or 1.800.637.9963
- Vehicle Impound Unit, 303.326.8680
- Vice and Narcotics Tips, 303.739.1964
- Victim Services Unit, 303.739.6087
- City of Aurora Detention Center, 303.739.6194
Learn about our initiatives for enhancing community relations.
Empowering: Understanding through Knowledge Youth Guide