Walk, hike, bike, fish or just play! Aurora has 97 developed parks and over 5,000 acres of open space to help you maintain an active lifestyle. Park hours are 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. Complete list of Rules & Regulations for Parks, Open Space and Reservoirs.
Park amenities vary; however most parks have playground equipment, picnic tables and nearby hike/bike trails. Twenty city parks have reservable shelters; all other shelters are free and first come, first served during park hours.
FREE Afterschool Meals for ALL kids 18 and younger! Meals are delicious and nutritious, plus we offer fun activities during meal service. All that's missing is you!
Open to all kids 18 and younger, Monday-Friday at
Expo Recreation Center • 3:15-4:30 p.m.
Meadowood Recreation Center • 3:30-5 p.m.
Moorhead Recreation Center • (relocated to Fletcher Elementary School) 3-4 p.m.
Stay connected with Parks, Recreation & Open Space (PROS)
Subscribe to PROS e-News newsletter and have it sent right to your inbox.
Find us on Facebook!
- Outdoor water spraygrounds open Saturday, May 28 at Great Plains Park, 20100 E. Jewell Ave., and Red-tailed Hawk Park, 23701 E. Hinsdale Way and will operate daily from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. through early October (weather permitting). The water sprayground at Red-tailed Hawk Park will likely be closed after periods of heavy rain so that the filtration system can be cleaned. After any rain event, we work to reopen it as quickly as possible.
- Pets must be leashed along trails and in parks, except when visiting a dog park. Pets are not allowed in baseball/softball complexes. Please practice Park Pet Etiquette. Dog owners must promptly remove and dispose of their pet's waste.
- Trails are multi-use. Please share the trail. Cyclists yield to pedestrians.
- Feeding wildlife, including geese, is not allowed and can harm the animal.
- If you fish, you must have a Colorado fishing license/
- Aurora now offers two disc golf courses: Centre Hills disc golf course and Expo Park disc golf course
- Fires are permitted only in designated grills and personal grills. Portable charcoal grills can be used on dirt, concrete or an asphalt area. Grills cannot be used on any grass areas.
- Charcoal grills and open fires are not allowed at any natural open space area.
- Keys for tennis and pickleball courts can be purchased for $3 at Expo, Meadowood, Utah Pool, ACAA and the Recreation Registration main office, 1st floor of the Aurora Municipal Center, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway.
- Looking to host an event or fun run? Learn about Park & Open Space Permits
- Complete list of Rules & Regulations for Parks, Open Space and Reservoirs
- Park noise: Keep the volume of your music and voices to a reasonable level. City code (Sec. 146-1802) limits residential sound levels to 55 decibels during the day which, for example, is the sound of a normal conversation. After 9 p.m., the level drops to 45 decibels. Please be considerate of park neighbors and other park users.